With 28 years of work experience, Dr. Debolina has worked as CHRO for 6 years in 2 multi-national firms. Her last assignment was as CHRO was with Schneider-Luminous as VP-HR, Admin,and CSR. She is also a member of the Board of IIM Indore since 2017 and of an NGO, SSISM which is focused on rural education. She has had in-depth experience across all facets of HR functions across multiple locations, cultures, and organizations (MNC, private sector, and entrepreneurial start-up). Her industry experience spans heavy engineering and electrical switchgear, IT software services, alcobev, and apparel retail.
As an ACC-level ICF certified executive coach, with multiple certifications in the facilitation of behavioral training and certified in psychometric tools, she has facilitated coaching and training sessions for mid-management and leadership level executives. Debolina has substantial experience in dealing with large international stakeholders in organization growth initiatives, change management, mergers &acquisition, and working in multi-cultural environments.
Debolina has completed her Fellow Program in Management (Industry) from IIM, Indore, PG from IIM, Bangalore, and BTech from College of Engineering, Pune. Apart from her substantial industry experience, Debolina has also published several case studies with Harvard Business Review and academic research articles over the last 4 years with top journals.
RESEARCH INTERESTS: Current research interests are in emerging trends of predictive analytics in HR, use of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning in HR, and emerging talent management practices in the changing context. Some of the published research is as under:
RESEARCH PAPERS, BOOK CHAPTERS and CONFERENCE PAPERS
- Dutta, D; Mishra, S.K, (2023) "“Technology is killing me!”: The moderating effect of organization Home-Work Interface on the linkage between technostress and Stress at Work" Information Technology & People (ABDC-A journal) ahead-of-print.
- Dutta, D., Vedak,C., Varghees, J (2023) New hire performance: identifying critical traits for hospitality industry. Tourism Review (ABDC-B Journal), Vol. ahead-of-print No. ahead-of-print. https://doi.org/10.1108/TR-11-2022-0565
- Dutta, D.,Poyil, A.K. (2023) The Machine/Human Agentic Impact on Practices in Learning & Development: A study across MSME, NGO, and MNC organizations Personnel Review (ABDC -A journal) ahead-of-print
- Dutta, D., Vedak,C., Poyil, A.K (2023) “I am the Captain of my Soul!” Choosing Where to Work: Impact on General Well-being and Organizational Commitment. Journal of Organizational Effectiveness: People and Performance. (ABDC-B journal) ahead-of-print
- Dutta, D; Mishra, S.K, (2022) Augmenting Climate for Trust and Employee Engagement using Artificial Intelligence based Chatbots: A Field Study The International Journal of Human Resource Management, Volume 34 Issue 12, DOI: 10.1080/09585192.2022.2085525 (ABDC -A journal)
- Dutta, D; Mishra, S.K, Budhwar, P (2022) Ethics in competency models: A framework towards developing ethical behaviour in organisations. IIMB Review (ABDC -B journal)
- Dutta, D., Vedak, C. and Sawant, H. (2022), "“The old order Changeth!” Building sustainable knowledge management post COVID-19 pandemic", VINE Journal of Information and Knowledge Management Systems, Vol. ahead-of-print https://doi.org/10.1108/VJIKMS-05-2022-0169 (ABDC -B journal)
- Dutta, D., & Mishra, S. K. (2021). Chatting with the CEO’s Virtual Assistant: Impact on Climate for Trust, Fairness, Employee Satisfaction, and Engagement. AIS Transactions on Human-Computer Interaction, 13(4), 431-452. https://doi.org/10.17705/1thci.00156 (ABDC -A journal)
- Poyil,A.K., Dutta,D, & Mishra, S.K. (2022) Employee Share Participation: The Anticipated and Unanticipated Outcomes on Employee Performance – Academy of Management Conference Proceedings. https://doi.org/10.5465/AMBPP.2022.16984abstract
- Dutta, D. and Mishra, S.K. (2021), "Predictors of applicant attraction among Gen-X and millennials: evidence from an emerging economy", International Journal of Manpower, Vol. 42 No. 8, pp. 1479-1499. https://doi.org/10.1108/IJM-04-2020-0169 (ABDC- A journal)
- Dutta, D; Mishra, S.K (2021) Are Women from Venus? A mixed-method study determining important predictors of job pursuit intention across gender groups. Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion: An International Journal DOI:10.1108/EDI-03-2020-0059 (ABDC-B journal)
- Dutta, D; Kumar, K.K; Mishra, S.K; (2021) Unintended Consequences of Promotions: Importance of Annual Incentives for Performance Management Systems. Human Resource Management Article DOI: 10.1002/hrm.22062 (ABDC A*, FT-50 Journal)
- Dutta, D; Mirchandani, P; Anasha K.P (2021) Internal Gig Ecosystem in IT-ITeS organizations for Non-Linear Growth. South Asian Journal of Human Resource Management. https://doi.org/10.1177/23220937211013266
- Dutta, D; Mirchandani, P; Anasha K.P. (2021) The Emerging New Order: Exploring New Ways to Build an Internal Gig Employment System for IT/ITES (Book Chapter) - DOI: 10.5772/intechopen.96731
- Dutta, D; Mishra, S.K;Verma, A (2019) Predictors of job pursuit intention across career stages: a multi-phase investigation The International Journal of Human Resource Management https://doi.org/10.1080/09585192.2019.1651376 (ABDC -A journal)
- Dutta,D; Majumdar B (2019) Transforming Talent Acquisition Through Predictive Analytics: Twin Case Studies From India– Academy of Management Proceedings Vol 2019, Issue 1
- Dutta, D (2018) Social Media and Technology Trends in HRM: Cases in Recruitment and Talent Management, Social Media and Journalism - Trends, Connections, Implications, Ján Višňovský and Jana Radošinská, IntechOpen, DOI: 10.5772/intechopen.79342. Available from: https://www.intechopen.com/books/social-media-and-journalism-trends-connections-implications/social-media-and-technology-trends-in-hrm-cases-in-recruitment-and-talent-management
- Jain, A; Dutta,D (2018) Millennials and Gamification: Guerilla Tactics for Making Learning Fun. South Asian Journal of Human Resource Management https://doi.org/10.1177/2322093718796303
- Dutta, D; Mishra, S.K; Budhwar, (2017) “Corporate Governance: Ensuring ethical behavior through ethical competency measures” - Academy of Management Proceedings Vol 2017, Issue 1
- Dutta, D; Mishra, S.K. “Different strokes for different folks: A multi-stage mixed method study to explore the predictors of job pursuit intention across career stages” (Manuscript ID - HRM-16-4810) – Academy of Management Proceedings Vol 2019, Issue 1
- Dutta, D. “Tweet your tune – Social Media, the new Pied Piper in Talent Acquisition” Vikalpa: The Journal for Decision Makers. Jul-Sep 2014, Vol.39, Issue 3, p 93-104.
CASE STUDY PUBLICATIONS
- Allegis India — Enabling and Promoting Disability Inclusion (2023) Dutta D, Srinivasan V. published by Harvard Business Publishing (Product # IMB967-PDF-ENG)
- The Industry Dilemma: Allow Ethical Moonlighting Or Lose To Gig Working? (2023) Sahu A, Dutta D published by Harvard Business Publishing (Product #IMB947-PDF-ENG)
- entomo- Enabling People Experience for the Digital World of Work (2023), Dutta D, Vedak C published by Harvard Business Publishing (Product # IMB945-PDF-ENG)
- dotin: Color me a talent! (2022), Dutta D published by Harvard Business Publishing (Product # IMB931-PDF-ENG)
- FirstConnect Solutions - Gig Working to Solve the Leaking Bucket (2022), Dutta D published by Harvard Business Publishing (Product # IMB927-PDF-ENG)
- LGBTQ+ Inclusion at ThoughtWorks, India (2022) Dutta D, Srinivasan V. published by Harvard Business Publishing (Product # IMB921-PDF-ENG)
- MakeMyTrip and Goibibo Merger: Minimum People Disruption For Maximum Customer Advantage.(2021) Dutta D, Kondayya A., published by Harvard Business Publishing (Product # IMB891-PDF-ENG)
- GHCL: Navigating the Pandemic (2021) Dutta D, published by Harvard Business Publishing (Product # IMB883-PDF-ENG)
- EY People Advisory Services: Challenges of Enabling Global Mobility (A & B) (2021). Dutta D, published by Harvard Business Publishing (Products # IMB871-PDF-ENG and # IMB873-PDF-ENG)
- Amber by Infeedo: The CEO's Virtual Assistant Revolutionizing Employee Engagement (2021). Dutta .D, published by Harvard Business Publishing (Products # IMB851-PDF-ENG
- iimjobs.com: Integrated Analytics for Talent Management? (2019) Dutta D; Majumdar B, published in Ivey publications – Won best case award in HRM category in ISB-Ivey Global Case Competition 2018 (Product number # 9B19C017-ENG).
- Sushma Industries: The Gordion Knot of Compensation Design (2017): Dutta D; Padmanabhan, M published by Ivey through the ISB-Ivey Global Case Competition 2016 (Product number #W17366-PDF-ENG). Bestseller Case on HBS Site.
- Edge Networks: making HR intelligent (Jan 2017) Dutta D; Venkatgiri S. Published by Harvard Business Publishing (Product number #IMB607-PDF-ENG)
- Employee Provident Fund Scheme – Boon or Bane (2016): Dutta D; Ojha, A. Published by Harvard Business Publishing (Product number # IMB545-PDF-ENG)
- CoCubes.com- Connecting Colleges (to) Companies (2015) – Dutta D; Seshadri DVR. Published by Ivey (Product Number W14667-PDF-ENG )
- Talent Acquisition Group at HCL Technologies: Improving the quality of hire through focused metrics (2014): Dutta D; Mishra S.K and Manimala, M.M published by HBS (Product number IMB491-PDF-ENG) Bestseller Case on HBS Site.
- SSISM – Social Entrepreneurship or Chaos (2014) – Dutta D; Seshadri DVR, published by HBS (Product number IMB479-PDF-ENG)
- The Eyes of Janus: Building and Evaluating the L&D Initiatives at Tata Motors (2014) Dutta D and Manimala, M.M. (Product number W14308-PDF-ENG) Popular Case on HBS Site, Top 10 Global Bestseller in Ivey 2022
- Implementing Process Innovation: An experiment at SDL(A) and (B) (2014) – Dutta D. Published International Journal of Case Studies in Management, HEC Montreal, ISSN 1911-2599, July 2014)
- Employee Background Verification System: Implementation Issues (2013) –Dutta D published in Indore Management Journal.
- FPM (Industry), IIM Indore, India
- PGSEM, IIM Bangalore, India
- Bachelor of Engineering, College of Engineering, Pune, India